WHOA: Teaching Your Horse To Stop
Teaching your horse to stop consistently and beginning the sliding stop
This course teaches you the three cues Stacy uses to stop her horses and how you can teach these to YOUR horse. Stacy shows you step-by-step while using four horses at different training levels.
- 2 hours long
- Shows beginning (horse who doesn't stop with Whoa) through beginning the sliding stop
- Explains in detail improving the stop with the bridle, verbal cue, and rider leg cues
- Gives exercises for improving the back up
-Posted by Susan on Feb 1st 2017
Great insight and an effective teaching style have made Stacy Westfall one of the most popular and sought-after clinicians in the horse industry. Stacy Westfall is an AQHA and NRHA Freestyle Reining Champion who impressed the horse world by winning while riding both bridleless and bareback. Her famous Freestyle Championship ride, seen by millions on the Internet, led to an appearance on the Ellen Degeneres show. In addition to her accomplishments within the reining arena, Stacy Westfall was the first woman to win the highly competitive Road to the Horse colt starting competition. In 2012 Stacy was also inducted into the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame in Fort Worth, Texas. With her husband, Jesse, she presents clinics at venues worldwide to inspire and teach people how to build better relationships with their horses.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) This individual course is available for purchase with lifetime access($50 one-time payment)
2) This course and eight other courses are available inside the lifetime Video Vault (9 course bundle) ($320 one-time payment)